CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Yep, I'm New At This In Case You Couldn't Tell

Call me lazy, but I've never really taken the time to sit down and compose all of my thoughts into complete sentences. After my mom told me that (more than!) a few of my family members were big bloggers, I decided to give it a shot and see what I could come up with. I would love to get closer with my extended family, and I've enjoyed keeping up with all their crazy lives. Hopefully my blogs can be just as entertaining as their's once I get the hang of this! Between school, working full time for a nursing home, and also working as a Private Investigator part time, I hardly have time to fit in sleep, eating, and homework, much less blogging! Things have been a little trying here lately. My relationship with the Lord has definitely been tested, and I've been praying for God's strength and guidance more than ever. Thank goodness spring break is this coming week. I have a friend whose parents are flight attendants for Southwest Airlines, so I am flying to Orlando, Florida and staying for an entire week! It's been snowing here for two days, so I can't WAIT to be laying out on Daytona Beach in 90 degree weather. I also have a prayer request for anyone who might read this. My friend Jessica Villegas married a guy named Miguel a little over two years ago. She has a 4 year old son, and they are expecting their second son on March 26th. Miguel was on his way to work about 45 minutes from where we live, and his vehicle was struck by a semi pulling out of a feed lot. It crushed his arm, and they did surgery to remove it. While he was in the hospital, he became septic, meaning he had an infection in his blood. He was put on a ventilator and IV antibiotics, but they did no good. He passed away yesterday night, and his funeral will be on Monday afternoon. Please pray for Jessica, their son Xavier, and the baby she is about to have. Anyways, I have got to get to bed now. It's almost 2am. YIKES!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Hey Crissie! Didn't know you had a blog 'til I saw it on your profile on the followers on my blog. Does that make sense?

I'll certainly pray for your friend and for you. With all you have going on, (and it lots!) I would say to you, press into the Lord. Make it the priority-the main thing- in your life. I know that's so much easier said than done, but at the end of a day, or at the end of your life, like your friend's husband, that's really all that matters. You've been created for a purpose, a life destiny and it's NOT just to be busy. Be all YOU were created to be whatever that looks like! If there's anything I can do to help you on your journey, PLEASE let me know!

Love you!

Julie said...

Hi Crissie! Jennie sent me an e-mail with a link to your blog, so I thought I'd come and say "hello". I think you can click on my picture and get to my blog. If you can't, send me an e-mail (mandjurner@sbcglobal.net) and I will invite you to read mine if you are interested!
I am so excited that God is doing things in your life and that you are growing in Him. Please be encouraged to press on and press in. I was just telling my kids yesterday, "The best thing you can do in your life is love Jesus the best you know how to." I believe that with all my heart and know that anything you do to know and love Him more will never be in vain!
We look forward to keeping in touch with your "ridiculous ramblings" :-)